Studio XX is looking for a graphic designer to redesign its visual identity in view of its name change.
Deadline to apply: Friday, January 17, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
The person will design a new graphic identity for the centre, and will more specifically create:
- A logo
- A general graphic charter
- Graphic layout of a new website
- A general brochure/pamphlet for the centre
- A model document for our educational activities
- A model document for our programming
- Business cards (or an alternative)
We plan to launch the centre’s new graphic identity in fall 2020. The exact timeline will be determined in collaboration with the graphic designer.
- Understanding and interest in intersectional feminist issues and sustainable design practices;
- Knowledge of the media arts community or the cultural sector in general;
- Experience in graphic design and project management;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- Expertise in computer graphics and prepress is an asset;
- Expertise in CSS and experience with the WordPress platform;
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment;
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and autonomy;
- Excellent organizational skills;
Studio XX operates within a non-hierarchical structure; the team works according to intersectionnal feminist values and principles of inclusivity, openness and collaboration.
Please send the following files to communications[at]studioxx.org in a single PDF file:
- Portfolio (10 pages max, landscape format);
- CV (2 pages max);
- A short presentation text (max 250 words) outlining your position on the centre’s mandate;
- An estimate.
References may be requested as needed.
Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews: end of January 2020
Start date: early February 2020
End of contract: autumn 2020