Studio XX is looking for a new Programming Coordinator for October 10, 2017.
Deadline to apply: September 25, 2017 at 5pm
The Programming Coordinator is in charge of the general programming of Studio XX. They will assume the development and promotion of the annual programmation, as well as the coordination of its activities: events, workshops, artist residencies and the biannual festival, Les HTMlles.
They will coordinate the Programming Committee and the implementation of tasks related to this committee.
- Coordinate the Programming Committee whose mandate is to define the annual diffusion and production activities of the studio (conferences, exhibitions, The HTMlles festival, workshops, artist residencies, etc.);
- Draft calls for project proposals following the Programming Committee’s decisions, in collaboration with the General Coordinator;
- Coordinate artists and volunteers (reception, assigning tasks etc.);
- Coordinate outdoors venues when events are presented outside of Studio XX;
- In charge of hosting and presenting dissemination events (some evenings and weekends);
- Monitor the budget and administrative tasks related to the programmation (artists contracts, etc.), in close collaboration with the General Coordinator;
- Participate in grant-writing, in close collaboration with the General Coordinator;
- Participate in the implementation of a public relations and audience development strategy as well as the artistic development of the Studio, in collaboration with the Communications Coordinator, the Mediation Coordinator and the General Coordinator.
The HTMlles Festival
- Develop of the artistic programming in collaboration with the Programming Committee;
- Organize and present the festival; coordinate activities related to the festival, in collaboration with the Studio XX team and the Programming Committee;
- Participate in the recruitment of support staff as part of the festival’s programming (interns, assistants, volunteers) with Studio XX team;
- Organize, plan and carry out the search for venue rentals and material resources, in collaboration with the Production Coordinator and the Communications Coordinator;
- Define the visual identity of the festival in close collaboration with the Communications Coordinator;
- Develop a collaboration and a promotional strategy for the festival, in close collaboration with the Communications Coordinator and the General Coordinator;
- Monitor the budget, in close collaboration with the General Coordinator;
- Produce activity reports for the General Coordinator.
- Each employee, in collaboration with all the members of the team, is responsible for translating all of Studio XX’s written material when necessary (newsletters, press releases, posts on social media, administrative documents for internal use, some grants, etc.);
- Along with all Studio XX’s coordinators, the employee represents Studio XX at events and activities and to art and cultural groups and associations;
- The employee should be available on evenings and weekends, and be motivated to attend artistic, cultural and university events, as well as to make contacts and generally expand XX’s network in the milieu of technological arts in order to better curate innovative and interesting programming proposals for the Studio;
- Facilitate the organization of the Programming Committee (organize meetings, write agendas and take minutes).
- A strong and broad knowledge in the field of digital/technological arts;
- An understanding and strong interest in the complexity of feminisms;
- Experience in coordinating projects;
- Excellent communicator and capable of working collaboratively with a team;
- Sense of responsibility, autonomy and initiative;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Good knowledge of both oral and written French and English.
The Studio is organized in a non-hierarchical way; the team works according to feminist values and principles of diversity, openness and collaboration.
Studio XX values the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization. We encourage the following people, among others, to apply: Indigenous people, racialized people, disabled people, people identifying as LGBTQ+, people who identify as women.
Salary : starting at $18/h, to be discussed according to experience. 25h/week. It is sometimes necessary to be available in the evenings and on weekends in the context of vernissages, performances and committee meetings.
Please send your resume along with a letter of intent outlining your relevant experience for the position to dev[at]studioxx.org before September 25nd, 2017 at 5pm. (References can be asked if necessary).
We thank everyone in advance for submitting an application. However, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interview : the week of October, 3 2017
Start date : October, 10 2017.