Maternity leave replacement (51 weeks)
Studio XX, a bilingual feminist artist-run centre in media arts, is looking for an Interim General Coordinator, responsible for planning and implementing all the procedures and policies in order to ensure the proper functioning and development of the organization.
Studio XX values the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization. We encourage the following people, among others, to apply: Indigenous people, racialized people, disabled people, people identifying as LGBTQ+, people who identify as women.
Deadline to apply : Tuesday, June, 25th, at 5pm.
Start date : August 13th, 2019.
TASKS AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
– Coordinate the strategic planning of the organization, in close collaboration with the team members and the Board of Directors;
– Ensure that Studio XX’s mandate, its vision and the realization of its overall action plan are respected through its activities and communications;
– Write grant submissions and research additional funding opportunities for Studio XX’s activities (general functioning, specific projects, equipment, Emploi Québec, education);
– Prepare and track budgets and write final reports;
– Plan and coordinate administrative tasks;
– Organize team meetings and the Annual General Meeting, as well as assist in the coordination of the Board of Directors meetings;
– Brainstorm and develop structural projects on the long term, in collaboration with the rest of Studio XX team;
– Develop the philanthropic culture of the center;
– Assist the Programming Coordinator in the preparation of calls for proposals ;
– Review all communication material on all platforms (newsletters, websites, printed documents, advertising, etc.)
– Develop Emploi Québec workshops in partnership with the team, and coordinate the implementation;
– Responsible for three internal committees : (1) finances/fixed assets, (2) philanthropy/development, and (3)techtechtech
– Along with all Studio XX’s coordinators, the employee represents Studio XX at events and activities and to art and cultural groups and associations.
– A good knowledge of the complexity of feminisms and anti-oppression practices;
– Three years of experience in media arts (as an artist, curator, cultural worker, etc.);
– Studies in media arts, cultural management or art history are an asset;
– Excellent abilities in project management, event and team coordination;
– Funding experience (Grant writing, budgeting etc.);
– Financial management experience;
– Excellent writing skills in French, a good knowledge of English is an asset;
– Excellent communicator, diplomacy, good listening skills and capable of working collaboratively with a team (horizontal organization);
– Ability to analyze and synthesize, good organizational skills and sense of prioritization;
– A knowledge of Excel and of other accounting software is an asset.
The Studio is organized in a non-hierarchical way; the team works according to feminist values and principles of diversity, openness and collaboration. We would like to point out that the post of general coordination is not a position of general management and that the majority of decisions are taken as a team.
INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS
Maternity leave replacement (51 weeks, August 13, 2019 to July, 31, 2020)
Interview: End of June / early July
Start date: August, 13, 2019
Salary: $20.50/h. 32h/week. It is sometimes necessary to be available in the evenings and on weekends in order to assist programming activities, represent Studio XX at events, and attend Board and committee meetings.
Please send your resume, a letter of intent and three references to appel[at]studioxx.org before June 25, 2019 at 5pm. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
We thank everyone in advance for submitting an application. However, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. They will be asked to provide three references.