Studio XX is looking for a new programming coordinator for September 1, 2015.
Deadline to apply: June 12, 2015 at 5pm
Founded in 1996, Studio XX is a bilingual feminist artist-run centre dedicated to the dissemination and production of digital arts by self-identified women, trans and gender non-conforming artists. We support creative practice at the intersection of three elements: the development of digital art from a feminist perspective and using a DIY approach. The Studio is organized in a non-hierarchical manner; the team operates using feminist values and principles of diversity, openness and collaboration.
The programming coordinator is in charge of the general programming of Studio XX. They will assume development and promotion, as well as the coordination of events, of workshops, of the artist-in-residencies and of the biannual festival Les HTMlles, always in collaboration with the programming committee and other members of the Studio XX team.
General Programming :
- Coordination of the programming committee whose mandate is to define the annual diffusion and production activities of the studio; implement tasks such as the organization of meetings, managing jury selections, etc.;
- Write calls for project proposals and regular activity reports;
- Coordination of artists and volunteers (orientation, etc.); host events and presentations (evenings and weekends);
- Monitor the budget and administrative tasks;
- Participate in grant-writing;
- Participate in the implementation of a public relations and audience development strategy as well as the artistic development of the Studio.
Biannual festival Les HTMlles
* Coordination of the organizing of the 2016 edition of the festival (preparation year) :
- Development of the artistic programming in collaboration with the Programming Committee;
- Organization and presentation of the festival; coordination of activities related to the event;
- Development of both a collaborative and a promotional strategy for the festival;
- Produce activity reports;
- Monitor the budget.
Representation and availability :
The programming coordinator must be available on evenings and weekends, and be motivated to attend artistic, cultural and university events, as well as to make contacts and generally expand XX’s network in the milieu of technological arts in order to better curate innovative and interesting programming proposals for the Studio.
- A strong and broad knowledge in the field of digital/technological arts;
- An understanding and interest in the complexity of feminisms;
- Experience coordinating projects;
- Excellent communicator and capable of working collaboratively with a team;
- Sense of responsibility, autonomy and initiative;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Good knowledge of both oral and written French and English.
Studio XX has non-discriminatory hiring practices and all applications will be considered.
Salary : 18,00 $ / hour. 25h / week * The number of hours will be scaled up in accordance with the need during the production year of Les HTMlles festival.
Please send your resume along with a letter of intent outlining your relevant experience for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 12, 2015 at 5pm.
We thank everyone in advance for submitting an application. However, only the candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Interview : end of June 2015
Start date : 1 september 2015.